Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Audiobook Narrators:A Year in Review


I read 122 books this year with 75 of them being audiobooks.I decided to mention only the narrators without the books because you can see best of 2011 post just what audiobooks I listened to in 2011. I just wanted to put the spotlight on these fabulous narrators who brings our books to life!

My narrator of the year:
Even though I only listened to 2 by her (this year) Bahni Turpin is my narrator of the year because the 2 were so completely different one being The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks and the other The True Meaning of Smekday these two polar opposites showed Bahni’s amazing range, the seriousness of Henrietta and the hilarity of Smekday, she did both so flawlessly and if you are looking for a great family road trip audiobook I highly recommend the True Meaning of Smekday.

Narrator Love: narrators I will listen to no matter what they are reading!
6 books read by, Katherine Kellgren
5 books read by, Hillary Huber
4 books read by, Emily Gray
4 books read by, Cassandra Campbell
3 books read by, Caroline Lee
3 books read by, Lorelei King

3 books read by, Len Cariou
2 books read by, Bahni Turpin
2 books read by, Simon Vance
2 books read by, Karen White
2 books read by, Jenna Lamia
2 books read by, Emma Galvin

New to me narrators that I look forward to hearing more from:
Xe Sands
Bernadette Dunne
Jennifer Ikeda
Peter Altschuler
Christopher Evan Welch
Polly Stone
Janet Song
Tim Curry (know him as an actor now love him as a narrator)
Sarah Paulson
Hope Davis

Honorable mentions with just one book by each listened to this year. Most of these are narrators I’ve listened to previously and enjoy their work:
Roselyn Landor
Jim Dale
Kirsten Potter & Katie Macnichol
Kirby Heyborne
Kate Reading
Lorna Raver
Dion Graham

Also a nod to the ensemble casts:
Michal Friedman, Ellen Archer, Robert Petkoff, Suzanne Toren
Dennis Boutsikaris, Daniel Oreskes, Ron McLarty, Sarah Jones

4 comments:

  1. Honored to be included, Susie! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Xe!Hope you have a great year also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you ever listened to Kris Faulkner or jerry Sciarrio? They are crazy good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No I haven't Jim, I will see what I can find always on the lookout for new narrators to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete