Tuesday, February 26, 2013

2013 Armchair Audies-Solo Female Narration



Armchair Audies Solo Female Narration

I am an audiobook junkie and so enjoyed LitHousewife’s Armchair Audies last year that I decided to join in this year. From LitHousewife’s blog explaining what the Armchair Audies are- For those who are unfamiliar with this audiobook challenge, participants select one (sometimes more) categories included in the Audie Awards. The participant then listens to each of the audiobooks nominated in the selected category prior to the Audie Awards ceremony. After listening to and reviewing each of the titles in their category, participants announce the best audiobook in the category (on or before May 23, 2013). The Armchair Audies team will create an Audie Awards ballot based on our selections to be followed at home. The 2013 Audie Awards will be announced on Thursday, May 30.
 Here is a where you can see all the categories and the blogs that are participating.

I have also realized I listen to more women narrators than men so that is why I picked Solo Female narration. I will be honest and say I am a big fan of Katherine Kellgren and Cassandra Campbell and have only listened to 2 by Nicola Barber and did enjoy her narration of Call the Midwife. I haven’t listened to Anne Hathaway narrate an audiobook but I enjoy her as an actress so we’ll see how that goes.

The two I have already listened to are:

The Boy in the Suitcase by,Lene Kaaberbøl, Agnete Friis narrated by Katherine Kellgren













Call The Midwife by, Jennifer Worth narrated by, Nicola Barber











One I was already on the library waiting list for:

Juliet in August by,Dianne Warren narrated by, Cassandra Campbell











I have heard great things about Anne Hathaway's narration of:

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by, L.Frank Baum narrated by, Anne Hathaway










This series I've had my eye on for awhile but I have heard I need to listen to the first 2 first so this will probably be the last one I listen to so I have time to listen to the first 2:

The Unseen Guest:The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place Book 3 by, Maryrose Wood narrated by, Katherine Kellgren

1 comment:

  1. You do have a fantastic slate of narrators there! I hadn't heard of the Ashton Place books before this, but as in love with Kellgren's work on the Jacky Faber books as I am, I'm adding these to my list - they're bound to be fun.

    ReplyDelete