Saturday, February 16, 2013

PREDICTING THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2013 AUDIE AWARD FOR SOLO FEMALE


PREDICTING THE NOMINEES FOR THE 2013 AUDIE AWARD FOR SOLO FEMALE
The wonderful Jen over at Lit Housewife has again put together The Armchair Audies, Here is their Facebook Page too. Also check out The Guilded Earlobe’s post here. We all had a great time live tweeting the Audie Awards last year even though I felt some of the APA’s choices a bit odd. So here are my predictions for Solo Female since some are from small publishers they may not be nominated but these are the ones I thought were the best!





The Silence of Trees by Valya Dudycz Lupescu narrated by, Xe Sands- This was my favorite audiobook of 2012 Xe’s voice and Valya’s words are the perfect combination.










The Roots of the Olive Tree by Courtney Miller Santo narrated by, Karen White: Her narration was fantastic all her different voices and accents were spot on; you always knew exactly who was talking. Her voice took on so many different characteristics of each of the women as they told their story and her delivery held my interest all the way through.







Sister Queens: The Noble, Tragic Lives of Katherine of Aragon and Juana, Queen of Castile by Julia Fox, narrated by, Rosalyn Landor: Her narration adds voice to this fascinating history and she does a great job I love her deep British, slightly haughty accent, it plays just perfect for these royals.





                    A Place of Secrets by Rachel Hore, narrated by, Jilly Bond: She brought this story to life for me, her voices were well done and her male & female characters weren’t overdone.









The Cove by Ron Rash, narrated by, Merritt Hicks: Her narration was spot on, her southern accent was great and her characters were all very distinct.





4 comments:

  1. This is a great list, Sussie! I enjoyed The Silence of Trees, too. Xe did a wonderful job with that audiobook. You make these others sound good as well. I love Karen White's work. I will be very interested to see who gets nominated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Susie and Jennifer! SILENCE OF TREES was a true gift to narrate. What an amazing story and what lush writing. And these others sound fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be curious to see what is nominated too, last years winner for Solo Female Narration was the wonderful Rose Garden narrated by, Rosalyn Landor and I was very happy with that and the Solo Male The Kings Speech narrated by, Simon Vance I thought both were very deserving. It was the audiobook of the year category that had me scratching my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all sound good! I haven't listened to any of them yet.

    ReplyDelete